Choose the Right Colors for Your Logo
Make sure your logo is utilizing the colors that represent your business’ brand accurately, and in a way that doesn’t negatively impact your brand’s perception. There are many, many evocations that our design team considers in color selection, here is a quick rundown on the basics that should help you select the right colors for your business.
Keep in mind that this is just a general overview. There are many exceptions, nuances and subtleties that alter the application. Our discussion pertains primarily to western cultures. Contact our design team to learn the meaning of color for a particular country.
- Evocation: energy, strength, love, sex, stimulating, intensity, courage
- Industry Application: bold firms, women’s products, intimacy products
- Evocation: growth, money, nature, healing
- Industry Application:financial services, environmental companies, healthcare firms
- Evocation: stability, power, strength, masculine
- Industry Application: banking, financial services, technology firms
- Evocation: softness, spiritual, tranquility, clean
- Industry Application: spas, religious groups, baby products
- Evocation: heat, vibrancy, stimulating, different
- Industry Application: unique companies, standout firms, children’s products
- Evocation: luxury, elegance, stability, death
- Industry Application: technology, manufacturing, industry, men’s products, good contrasting color
- Evocation: tranquility, purity, cleanliness
- Industry Application: healthcare firms, purity products, good contrasting color
- Evocation: earth, solid, masculine
- Industry Application: men’s products, clothing, industry
- Evocation: feminine, soft, different
- Industry Application: women’s products, edgy companies
- Evocation: energy, light, joy, divinity
- Industry Application: baby products, women’s products, good contrasting color
- Evocation: creativity, royalty, magic
- Industry Application: edgy businesses, women’s products, whimsical firms
- Evocation: wealth, power, quality
- Industry Application: luxury goods, status items, prestige groups
- Evocation: steel, future, stability
- Industry Application: technology, industrial firms, good contrasting color
For ease of use typefonts are grouped into one of five categories: SansSerif, Serif, Italic, Bold and Formal/Casual/Specialty. Find the typefont that best suits your objectives and provide the typefont name to our design team.
- The RGB color model defines color using Red (R), Green (G) and Blue (B). The RGB color system is used primarily for web and on-line applications.
- The CMYK model defines color using Cyan (C), Magenta (M), Yellow (Y) and Black (K). The CMYK model is used primarily for printed matter.
- The HSB model defines three basis color properties — Hue (H), Saturation (S), and Brightness (B).
Brandings Color Chart
We have created an easy-to-use color guide to help you select the right color for your logo typefont. If you are looking for a color not on the chart — scan the color and send it to our design team as a .pdf attachment. You can also send us the specific RGB, CMYK, HSB, Grayscale, Pantone or Web Safe RGB color specifications.
Call Brandings Client Service Team today at 1-800-852-8900 (international callers 1-310-246-5100) or simply click here to contact our office via e-mail: email@example.com
Click here to return to Brandings main page: home