Brandings Naming Questionnaire
After you have selected a company naming plan and your payment has been processed, we will assemble a team of etymologists and naming professionals to work on your project.
This questionnaire is designed to give the naming team an understanding of your project. We want to create a name that captures the personality and “soul” of your company and clearly differentiates your business from your competitors.
Feel free to answer as many questions as you feel would be useful. The more information you provide, the better our team will have of your company and products/services. All information that you provide is completely confidential and will not be used for any purpose beyond the scope of this project or disclosed to any party outside of the Brandings organization.
When you’ve completed this form, just e-mail it back to your account representative or to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also return the questionnaire by FAX to 1-310-667-8740.
1. Briefly describe your business concept to someone who has no knowledge of your company:
2. Describe the need being addressed by your business:
3. Describe your target market -- gender, age, geography, and other demographic characteristics:
4. Identify 10 or more words that you would like to communicate to your consumer about your company:
5. If your company was a person, how would you describe its personality?
6. In 10 to 20 words describe the features and attributes of your products or services?
7. Provide the names of your primary competitors:
8. How is your business different from your competitors? (Feel free to provide addresses to their websites.)
9. Are there business name ideas that you’ve already considered and dismissed? If so, why?
10. What names have you seen that you like or catch your eye? (These selections do not have to be related to your business.)
11. Feel free to review names in our online catalog at www.brandings.com. Which names do you like? (These selections do not have to be related to your business.)
12. Are there any words or phrases that MUST BE included in your name?
13. Are there any words or phrases that you MIGHT LIKE included in your name?
14. Are there any words or phrases that you DO NOT want to see included in your name?
15. Is there a geographic location (street, city, state, country or region) that would like us to consider incorporating in a name? (examples: Texas, Mumbai, Northeast, Canada, Outback, Pacific, West End, Elm Street, Southeast Asia, Midtown, Central London)
16. Personality and character attributes. Following are brand personality attributes presented on a spectrum. For each attribute, place an X on (or above) the circle that best captures the personality of your company or product/services:
A. Clever o o o o o o o Straightforward
B. Modest o o o o o o o Flashy
C. Classic o o o o o o o Edgy
D. Economy o o o o o o o Luxury
E. Feminine o o o o o o o Masculine
F. Global o o o o o o o Local
G. Formal o o o o o o o Casual
H. Simple o o o o o o o Complex
I. Whimsical o o o o o o o Serious
J. Modern o o o o o o o Traditional
K. Extravagant o o o o o o o Necessity
L. Emotional o o o o o o o Logical
M. Urban o o o o o o o Country
N. Innovative o o o o o o o Conventional
O. Personal o o o o o o o Automated
P. Broad Appeal o o o o o o o Targeted Appeal
17. Would you like us to include names where the .com domain extension is not available but other domain extensions like .org, .net, .com.uk, .com.au are available?
[ ] Yes [ ] No If yes, what extensions would you like us to consider?
18. Would you like us to include names where the domain name includes additional descriptors? [Examples: SunValley (company name) SunValleyRealty (domain name), Logetics (company name) LogeticsSoftware (domainname)]
[ ] Yes [ ] No If yes, what additional word(s) would you like the domain name to include?
19. On a scale from 1 (low) to 7 (high), please let us know what type of names you would like us to develop:
20. Additional Information: Let us know if there is anything else you would like us to know before we begin your project.
A. Invented. Invented names are made-up names that have been “brainstormed” or “created.” These names are unique, distinctive and highly brandable. Examples include, Google, Mindstir, Avoxx, Hulu
Low 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 High
B. Evocative. Evocative names elicit or draw forth a positive association. Evocative names are short and meaningful and call up a good feeling. Examples include, Boldion, Intellia, Smartetics, Qualcom
Low 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 High
C. Descriptive/Connotative. Descriptive/Connotative names express the key features or attributes of your company, products or services. Examples include, BestSolar, DrugValues, QualityCarpets, MedSource
Low 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 High
E-mail this completed form to your account representative or to email@example.com.
You may also return the questionnaire by FAX to 1-310-667-8740.