Catchy Company Names
The old saying that "you don't get a second chance to make a first impression” is a rock-solid truth when it comes to starting a new business. Your audience will make a judgment about your company in a split-second. You want to have a catchy name that strongly represents your new venture.
You may have outstanding product selection, exceptional customer service or a clear technological advantage ... but potential customers may never know about these qualities. They have likely already formed an initial impression of your business based on your business name and company logo alone.
The right impression could make the difference between the success and failure of your start-up. You need to catch the eye of your audience. A catchy name will help a prospective company to remember your name.
What Makes a Name Catchy?
Here are a few basic elements of a catchy name that set them apart from the ordinary. We'll start with the basics here then share the underlying factors later in this article.
A catchy name is short, unique and memorable.
A catchy domain name must be your company name with “dot-com” added.
A catchy logo is crisp, clear and captures the soul of your firm in a mere flash.
To give you some examples of "catchy" names, take a look at these names developed by Brandings:
Research Findings on Catchy Company Names
Brandings has undertaken meta-analysis of successful company names. We've deconstructed names that have stood the test of time and have identified six key underlying factors that make them catchy and memorable.
Here are some of the findings from our research:
1. The catchiest company names are short in length. These names have are no hyphens or numbers that can often confuse customers. If a number is used, we found that it is incorporated in a way that makes sense and increases the memorability of the name, for example 9ineteen.com.
2. Catchy company names are easy to spell. We found the best names don't have bizarre spellings. We also found that catchy names are composed only of English characters.
3. Each of the most successful catchy business names work to engage and empower the customer. They stand out and create excitement. They are evocative and give the audience a sense of mission of distinction of the company.
4. 96% of catchy company names has a pleasing texture and sound. When each name was said aloud, the name had a solid cadence and good flow.
5. The visual designs of each of these catchy names were unique and memorable. Each of the names had a strong graphic image that reinforced the key evocation in the name. They captured attention without hitting in a powerful way.
6. 100% of the catchy business names avoided puns and plays on words. Each name stood out on its own without trying to be too clever or too cool.
As we stated earlier, you must be able to acquire the dot-com domain extension for your name choice. In business today, you simply must own the dot-com domain extension. The .com extension is the "gold-standard" in business. Simply put, your audience will expect you to own the dot-com
Check out some of these randomly generated catchy company names. Each of these names has been developed at Brandings and is available immediately.
Find the Perfect Catchy & Memorable Business Name Now
Acquiring the perfect company name that will stick in the mind of your audience has never been easier.
You can find thousands of pre-developed catchy business names and catchy domain names in Brandings.com company name database. Just click on this link to search for the right name for your business.
Check out the other articles and resources on our website. And if you have any questions, or just want to bounce some ideas around, give our Brandings Client Service Team a call today at 1-800-852-8900 (Toll Free USA) +1-310-246-5100 (Worldwide) or simply click here to contact our office via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to return to Brandings.com main page: Brandings.com Home